Monday, October 31, 2016

[KOREA] 대구 3D2N DAEGU FOOD ADVENTURE

After staying in Seoul for almost 1.5 year, everytime i have day off i feel boring and always want to go other city in Korea, i asked my friend where to go and they suggest me Gyeongju, andong, and blabla but i am not really a historical and cultural lover so i thought it will be boring or maybe those will be my very last places i will be visited before go back to my country HAHA so finally i decided,  after Busan, second biggest city in korea, i will complete Korea's biggest city series, 3rd biggest city in Korea and known as industrial area...

대구
DAEGU

TRANSPORTATION TO DAEGU
By KTX ₩43200 - 1hour 40 minutes
By Mugunghwa ₩21500 - 4hours
By Bus (Premium) ₩25000 - 3hours 40 minutes
By Bus (Regular) ₩17200 - 3 hours 40 minutes
Bus from 동서울버스터미날 dong seoul bus terminal or 고속버스터미날 express bus terminal.

TRANSPORTATION IN DAEGU
as daegu is modern big city same as seoul and busan, you can use subway and bus everywhere ( +/-₩1200) or if you lazy to make itinerary and browsing bus and train schedule, you can use DAEGU CITY TOUR BUS only ₩5000 for oneday use and if you arrive in Daegu using ktx or bus on the same day you'll get 20% discount. check their schedule here 
ACCOMODATION IN DAEGU
Hotel, motel,hostel, tons of choicez here but because i am backpacker i chose jjimjilbang HAHA i browsed  "Goongjeon lavender" located only around 15 minutes by bus from Dong daegu KTX train station, made it as the best cheap accomodation for travellers. you can take taxi for only ₩3500won or bus no. 156 or any bus with bus stop "pyeonghwa market". Price ₩9000 for jimjilbang ( but i got cheap promotion so i just paid ₩5400) :3


MUST DO IN DAEGU
To be honest, Daegu doesnt really a great city with tourism objects since its an industrial city ( even local people said that) but still some places you can enjoy while visiting this city.







MUST EAT IN DAEGU
as in Korea each area has it speciality in food, based on daegufood.go.kr I tried some best local food and also recommended for you guys!







Overall for me personally (every person's view different) as my boss said, nothing to see in Daegu but IT TOTALLY RECOMMENDED FOR FOOD ADVENTURE. All food in Daegu really fits my tongue. p.s dont forget to go with lots of friends or you'll gain weight like me for going alone


24 comments:

  1. I plan to visit Daegu (along with Busan) next year on my own. Do you think 4 days is too long to stay in the city? (Same for Busan, I will be in South Korea for eight days.)

    I saw that you posted separately about the things you did in Daegu. I will definitely get some ideas from your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm if only 8 days i dont think this enough for all 8 days better you visit seoul and busan first :) and add like jeonju or sokcho for one day trip because daegu is quite big hehe

      Delete
  2. i plan to visit Daegu this april but only one day .. can you recommend me some place and food i must try ..
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello hana, i am elmy

    I have a plan to visit korea and target 3 cities (seoul, daegu, and busan) as well.

    For seoul > daegu, i wanna ride a KTX
    For daegu > busan, i wanna ride a bus.

    I try to find the schedule and online booked via korail but there was not any KTX schedule serve seoul > daegu.

    Can i get your answer where i can get my KTX ticket that serve seoul > daegu??

    And for daegu > busan, is it fine to booked online via kobus??

    Thanks b4 for your answer..

    *PS : your article about daegu really made me wanna visit this wonderfull place. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heyy!

      you can searched "DONGDAEGU" for ktx
      because if you just entered "DAEGU" it just regular train

      and for DAEGU - BUSAN you can buy by kobus or just directly buy in bus sttion it's okay if you dont go while high season

      Delete
    2. Hello hana,

      Thanks for the info.. I have tried it korail web and it works..
      Thanks a bunch...

      Delete
  4. Hello.. Just wondering if you know the jjimjilbang allows traveler to bring their big luggage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nooo. because they just provide small locker for your shoes and clothes :)

      Delete
  5. Hello Hana

    I m SP from Singapore. I plan to visit palgongsan cable car from busan on 22 oct. 1 day trip. Palgongsan fall starts 16 oct and peak 28 oct. Do you think i can get to see nice view? What kind of transportation do you suggest I should take from busan to palgongsan and then back to busan?

    Hope to hear from you.

    Thank you.

    Regards
    SP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for transportation, you can take bus for cheaper option but if you want faster option, you can take ktx or train. and from daegu station you can take local bus to palgongsan.

      hmmm maybe just okay not super yellowish still greeny hahahaa but I'm not really sure since now korea already quite cold hehe

      you can ask more if you still don't understand
      cheers!

      Delete
  6. Hello Hana
    Thank you for your information n comments. How long is e bus ride from Dongdaegu station to Donghwasa temple bus stop?

    Which is better, visiting on a Sunday or Monday?

    Regards
    SP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Around 40~50 minutes
      Sure better on weekday because korean super love love mountain on weekend haha

      Delete
    2. Hello Hana
      Thanks so much for your reply.

      I read that tbe cable car station closes on Monday :(.

      Regards
      SP

      Delete
    3. Aaa ya sorry im forget almost all korea's public places closed on monday haha :( should go on sunday then

      Delete
    4. Hello Hana

      May I know do I take bus from Dongdaegu ktx station or Dongdaegu Train (norma rain) station?

      Regards
      SP

      Delete
    5. Hello Hana

      May I know do I take bus from Dongdaegu ktx station or Dongdaegu Train (normal train) station?

      Regards
      SP

      Delete
    6. Just take an exit to bus transfer center im forget which exit but usually you can get it easily when you go out from the station

      Delete
  7. Hello Hana, I really enjoyed reading your blog! I plan to visit daegu this coming april too. However I'm quite blur when it comes to the transportation. For the airport bus you mentioned: By Bus (Regular) ₩17200 - 3 hours 40 minutes, does the price include a 2 and fro journey or only for one way?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am flying to Gimhea airport n wish to go daegu from there. Can u pls advise on the transport? Tqvm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello.
    I plan to to go to daegu also. I will be coming from seoul. Where is the best place to buy ticket? Is it online or at the station?
    And is there a fix schedule for the ktx from seoul station or it changes everyday?

    Before i was thinking of looking for a one night hostel to stay because i will go to busan the next day. Are we allowed to spend the night there in goongjeon lavender? Ist 24 hrs?

    And what is korail web? I read it on one of your comments. Is it an app? Or site for train schedules?

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, Hana! I'm going to Daegu in may and I want to stay at Goongjeon lavender too.
    But what I don't understand is - do they allow people in the fitness center if you buy ticket to bathouse? Or is it extra charge?
    Maybe you had a chance to understand it, when you were there?

    ReplyDelete